Friday, April 16, 2010

Floral shirt

I'm really excited to share this shirt. For once I've actually made something that I will wear! In public! Squee!

Okay, enough of that.

This shirt started out life as two white shirts. both of them I wore often and one just wasn't white enough anymore, so I banished it to the rag bag. The other I was wearing to work last week when I spilled coffee down the front of it. I don't want to talk anymore about that.

After seeing such cute flowery/ruffly tops repurposed from other shirts at Hope Studios and Tea Rose Home, I decided to give my tired white shirts a second chance.

I found the tutorial for the flowers at Tea Rose Home, but I just made circles instead of the heart shape.

Then I purchased an inexpensive fabric dye and dyed the "new" shirt in a pot on my stove.


I'm in love. Probably just because i'm ridiculously proud of myself, but that's cool too.

Total cost for my "new" shirt: $1.66 (for the dye). Not bad!

3 comments:

  1. OH My word that is soooo cute!! I'm going to have to try that...can you just throw it in the washer & dryer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, you can just throw in the washer. These photos are after it had been washed alone twice to remove any dye. I had to fluff up the flowers a bit, but it still looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This is great! I will definitely have to make one of these! Have a great week! ~andrea

    ReplyDelete