Saturday, February 19, 2011

Zebra Cake aka the cutest cake I've ever made!


Yesterday my best friend turned 26, and today we're having her big birthday bash! She asked me to make the cake (I'd already been planning to do so!) and mentioned she liked purple fondant. This was the first thing that popped into my head:




I LOVE how it turned out. I'm seriously proud of this cake and I hope she loves it!



Inside is black magic cake with chocolate ganache filling and this buttercream, which is my new favorite buttercream recipe!

I know that pedestal looks bad, but the cake wont be served on that :) It was just for decorating purposes!

7 comments:

  1. Love this cake, it looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous. Your friend should be thrilled with her birthday cake. I know I would be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Toooo fun Im sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a gorgeous cake, good job :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is incredible! I have never even attempted to make a cake close to that =)

    ReplyDelete